Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Matrix breaks using a level with Report Builder

Hi Community, 

I have the below dataset, using report builder, I have created a matrix to visualize Revenues (values) per Category (Rows) per Products (Columns).

othy_bi_1-1638294377217.png

I am wondering if there is a solution to split the matrix using the country level, here is an idea of what  I want to achieve: 

othy_bi_2-1638294590947.png

Any suggested solution would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Community,

In case you had the same need as mine.

In order to be able to split a matrix by a level, what you need to do is to put your matrix inside a List, then add the group you want to use to split your matrix ( example: Country) in the List settings.

Did it work ? 👌Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉A kudos would be appreciated

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DataVitalizer ,

Did my solution solve your problem? If yes, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft 

I do appreaciate your feedback.

Actually I was trying to acheive that need on Report builder.

Thank you for your time.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DataVitalizer ,

According to your description, here’s my solution.

1.Create two matrices with the same data.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638513192763.png

2.Sparately put the column country to two visual filters and select A for one and B for another.

For Country A:

vkalyjmsft_1-1638513192766.png

For Country B:

vkalyjmsft_2-1638513192768.png

Below is my sample attached.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can do this by nesting a matrix inside of a list.

AlexisOlson_0-1638460288997.png

The list groups on Country and matrix inside the list groups on Category and Product.

AlexisOlson_1-1638460465689.png

See the sample .rdl I've attached.

There @Syndicate_Admin

Thanks for your reply, actually this is the solution I have applied, I guess something is missing here because when I add a continent (which is a column in the same Dataset) as a parameter and rendered my report I get this error message:

No parameter matching for multivalued placeholder
Query execution failed for dataset 'Dataset Name'.
An error occurred while processing the report.
An error occurred while processing local reports.

Thank you in advance.

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Hi Community,

@amitchandak , @AlexisOlson , @Greg_Deckler and @PhilipTreacy  as long as you are the Top Solution Authors from Last month please allow me to mention you in this post.

Any suggestion about the issue described in the previous message would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time. 

Hi Community,

In case you had the same need as mine.

In order to be able to split a matrix by a level, what you need to do is to put your matrix inside a List, then add the group you want to use to split your matrix ( example: Country) in the List settings.

Did it work ? 👌Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉A kudos would be appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.