Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

strangerMike
Helper II
Helper II

Matrix and Slicers

I built a Matrix in my report and there are four slicers that help control the information being displayed in the Matrix.

I would like to add another Martix to the report, but I don't want it affected by two of the slicers.

Is it possible to have another Matrix and have it independent of the slicers on the page (or at lease two of them)?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

For any visual on your report (not just matrix) you can edit the relationships, and in this case turn off any filtering/highlighting that occurs.

First, select the first slicer, click on the Format button (top ribbon) and select "Edit Interactions".  You should a filter icon and possibly a pie icon and a strike through icon appear for all other visuals.  Then, on the matrix you want to have no interaction, just select the strikethrough option to disable the interaction.

View solution in original post

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @strangerMike,

For detail steps, you can check jpereztang's suggestion in this similar thread: Visual Interactions on Pie Chart cancelling out .

Reference:
Visualization interactions in a Power BI report

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @strangerMike,

For detail steps, you can check jpereztang's suggestion in this similar thread: Visual Interactions on Pie Chart cancelling out .

Reference:
Visualization interactions in a Power BI report

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For any visual on your report (not just matrix) you can edit the relationships, and in this case turn off any filtering/highlighting that occurs.

First, select the first slicer, click on the Format button (top ribbon) and select "Edit Interactions".  You should a filter icon and possibly a pie icon and a strike through icon appear for all other visuals.  Then, on the matrix you want to have no interaction, just select the strikethrough option to disable the interaction.

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors