cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesCH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Visualisation with data in rows now columns

Hi all

I have some data on sales values and volumes that I need to display. Using a matrix I can get them all on one row (see first table below) but I want to show 'value' on one row and 'volume' on the next. (see table 2 below). There does not seem to be an easy way to do this. Any ideas

picture_1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Matrix Visualisation with data in rows now columns

Hi there, this solution is a bit more flexible, as you don't have to "hardcode" your columns:

https://bondarenkoivan.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/how-to-organize-measures-in-tables-horizontally-in-p...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Please follow along the screenshot to see the expected results. 

s1.PNGDo not promote headerss2.PNGReversed Rowss3.PNGTransposed Rowss4.PNGUse a fill down feature under Transform Tabs5.PNGCreate Conditional column for Sorting of the month name by month no.s6.PNGFinal results

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
JamesCH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

hi thanks for that.

The data I have is already in a table and is selected via a slicer. What I don't understand from your solution is how I get that data into this table in the first place?

Super User
Super User

Hi there, this solution is a bit more flexible, as you don't have to "hardcode" your columns:

https://bondarenkoivan.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/how-to-organize-measures-in-tables-horizontally-in-p...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 423 members 4,027 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: