Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sotoc
Advocate I
Advocate I

Matrix Visual Summing Aggregates

Would love some help working with an input file that has aggregate counts instead of actual records.

My input file contains fill rates for codes 0-10 and I need 2 matrixes depicting totals. The matrixes cannot be drilled down as this is a static presentation.

Note: Code 0 means bad data input, so although we attribute for it in Matrix 1 (total fill rates) we don't use it for Matrix 2 (absence_presence).

Matrix 1: Full File Count by Code:
Column A = Codes 0-10
Column B = Total Input by Code
Column C = % Total Input by Code
Column D = Cumulative % desc order (Code 10 to 0)

Desired outcome:

Full File Count by Code  
CodeFull File Count%Cumulative %
1000%0%
91316%16%
822%18%
7810%28%
656%34%
51721%55%
4911%66%
300%66%
200%66%
100%66%
02834%100%

Matrix 2: Absence_Presence of each attribute for Codes 1-10. The denominator for Presence and Absence is Full File Input total for 1-10 (don't use Code 0 in these totals).

Column A = Attribute

Column B = Presence Count

Column C = Presence %

Column D = Absence Count

Column E = Absence %

Desired outcome:

Absence_Presence for Code 1-10   
AttributePresentPresent %AbsentAbsent %
Full File Input54 100%00%
Present Customer Name5398%12%
Present Customer Street5194%36%
Present Customer City5296%24%
Present Customer State3361%2139%
Present Customer Zip5194%36%
Present Customer Country54100%00%
Present Customer Phone3769%1731%

As a bonus, I would like Matrix 2 to sort in the order shown. Is creating an Attribute table with a column for sort order the best way to do this?

The Excel file with data is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4r4tjldeujk38e/master_data_sample.xlsx?dl=0

Thank you for any direction!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you, Xiaoxin! 

Truly a lightbulb went on when you noted I should use a duplicate table with pivoted data together to create results. I was so stumped on this, I hope it helps others who want to do a simple matrix without drilldown. Thanks again!

Carly

View solution in original post

Hi @sotoc,

You can take a look at following sample pbix file.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @sotoc,

I'd like to suggest you to enter to query edit and duplicate original data to new query ,then apply unpivot column feature on copied

one.

Unpivot Data Using Excel Power Query

After above steps, you can use code to link two tables. It should more simply use unpivoted table to achieve matrix 2.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, Xiaoxin! 

Truly a lightbulb went on when you noted I should use a duplicate table with pivoted data together to create results. I was so stumped on this, I hope it helps others who want to do a simple matrix without drilldown. Thanks again!

Carly

Hi @sotoc,

You can take a look at following sample pbix file.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.