Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rsbin
Super User
Super User

Matrix Visual - Hide Percent Total

Good Afternoon,

Have a Matrix Visual showing Value and Percentage.  In the Value dropdown, I am using the option to "Show as % of row total"

rsbin_0-1632160591487.png

The Percentage Total of 100% is redundant.  Is it possible to hide Total Percent but retain Total Audits?

Thanks and Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rsbin 

Use ISFILTERED instead. 

21092801.jpg

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsbin 

You could insert a rectangle shape and put it on the column to cover it. Group the shape and Matrix visual. Fill the shape with the same color as Matrix's background and switch off its outline. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hello @v-jingzhang ,

Thank you for this suggestion.  I've been able to get this to work temporarily.  My concern is the Matrix size will change i.e. new rows added.   Then I believe I will have to keep extending or modifying the shape to cover the added rows.  I still think a Measure is the cleanest option...just haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

Thanks again and kudos for this "quick fix"

Hi @rsbin 

I understand. For a measure option, you could try ISINSCOPE function in the measure. Something like IF(ISINSCOPE('tablename'[columnname]),[measure],BLANK())

Example: total value corner matrix - Microsoft Power BI Community

BR,

Jing

Hello @v-jingzhang , @tex628 

Thank you for the suggestion of using ISINSCOPE.  Since I am only using one column in my Matrix, I could not figure out how to make this fucntion work.  But combining your suggestion with @tex628 , I thought perhaps HASONEVALUE might work. 

Audits_PercentBucketCount = IF(HASONEVALUE(FACT_SafetyAudits_ALL_NRT[6HourBucket_Local] ),
                            [Audit_PercentCount], BLANK() )

But this doesn't work either, because there are rows in my matrix where One Value for a Facility does occur and hence does not blank out the % in the Total Column.  As @tex628 mentioned,I need to "identify the % Totals" column and I am unable to figure out how to do this.

Thanks again for your efforts and suggestion to guide me along.

Best Regards,

Hi @rsbin 

Use ISFILTERED instead. 

21092801.jpg

Regards,

Jing

Hello @v-jingzhang ,

Awesome.  I got this latest solution to work.  Thank you again very much for your time and efforts to resolve this one.

Kudos and Best Regards,

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rsbin,

I'd suggest either of two options here:

- You can manually hide the "%" totals column by removing word wrap and then minimizing the column width, this will be maintain when you publish the report. 
- If you remake the calculation as a measure you can identify the totals column and then force a BLANK() statement there instead. This will remove the "100%" values but the column will still remain. 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Hello @tex628 ,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I will give these a shot to see which one works out best.

Thanks again and best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.