Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jsuttmann
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix Visual Expanded By Hierarchy Slicer Without Filter

Is it possible to expand/display a row in a matrix visual based on a slicer selection without filtering the matrix?  In the below example sales data, I have a matrix using a location hierarchy (Region > City > Store ID) and the sales totals for each store.  I also have a disconnected hierarchy slicer based on the same data that is used for other visuals.  I have a measure which captures the selected value in the hierarchy slicer that I am trying to use as a starting point for how the matrix visual should be displayed automatically without expanding any of the other elements of the hierarchy in the matrix visual.  My ideal solution would be something like the following:

HierarchySlicerImpactsMatrix1.png

4 REPLIES 4
jsuttmann
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft , I will try to work with the Decomp Tree visual per your suggestion.  Thank you.  However, I don't think it will give me what I need, so I'm also trying to re-work the data at the source to allow me to better organize the way they are handled in the visual.  

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jsuttmann ,

I have tried to use a slicer to expand the elements of the hierarchy in matrix visuals, but without success.
Maybe you could try decomposition trees.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1642487074820.png

Or you can put your ideas forward on this website

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jsuttmann , I doubt that, But can try Text filter, if that can help. It is also slicer. But you can search and remove

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381309?src=office&tab=Overview

Hi @amitchandak , thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately Text filter won't meet my needs for this scenario.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.