Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Matrix Visual Broken

Well,

In typical Microsoft Fashion,  The developers have completely broken the new Preview Matrix Visual. Great Job developers, looks like you cant really develop with any sort of assurance that things will work.

So the new Matrix Visual WAS working before this April update and is now completely useless.  I will be opening a support case with Microsoft but boy, what a big joke this tool is.

I need to go work for Microsoft where no one reallty gives a crap about quality control.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

So the new Matrix Visual WAS working before this April update and is now completely useless.  I will be opening a support case with Microsoft but boy, what a big joke this tool is. 

Hi @lcasey,

What's wrong with the Matrix Preview visual in desktop April version? Can you share detail information so that we can try to reproduce on our side.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I stand completely corrected and I was Wrong.

In Fact, I think this may actually work for Financial reporting. What confused me is the ability to double click something which I would expect to drill down to the next level. But performing a Right-Click gives me two options to drill (Drill Down or Show Next Level)

The 1 critical component I see missing is the format as Hyperlink option is not available in Matrix visuals. It is only available in the table.

Having the same ability as the table to provide a hyperlink field would allow us to completely switch over to Power BI as the only reporting tool in the organization.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.