Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Values Incorrect - Would this be an issue in the data model?

Capture.PNGSo in this matrix above, the first 3 values (underlined in blue) are calculated correctly for the UIDs under project name (the hierarchy is project name, project number, then purchase order number... all from different tables). The problem is the calculations for the values underlined in red.... As you can see from where I started highlighting, the values are all calculating as identical for all of the purchase order numbers. This is incorrect. For example, the purchase order 24672 is the only one that should have a value of $4,000 under "Cost-Posted-Accrual-Amount@1"... the others should be blank. That value is pulled from a different table, connected through an intermediate summary table between them (where the project number 102003 comes from, under the project name: Construction Management Funding).

Could someone point me in the right direction of where to look to fix this issue? I'll include another screenshot of my data model below. For the Hiearachy for the Project name (the matrix rows), the Project Name comes from the leftmost table, the Project Number comes from the CAPEX Metrics table, the Purchase Order Number is coming from the CAPEX_OpenPOs table, and the other values are coming from the other CAPEX tables. The only values that are correct in the matrix are those that come from the CAPEX_OpenPOs table, which tells me there's definitely something wrong with how I have this set up.

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous it's tough to tell from the information provided but nine times out of ten what you are experiencing is due to a missing relationship path between two tables. So if Projects is your project and you get the PO # from CAPEX Payments, then CAPEX Payments needs a relationship path to the other CAPEX tables that contain the numbers for that PO # and I believe that is what is missing.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg, this solved it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.