Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Begbie
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix Totals are not correct

Hello good people of the PBI community.

I need some help please to understand why my matrix visual is showing incorrect totals 🤔

I have a relatively simple matrix of the rows made up of:

Portfolio

Platform

Product

I then have 3 columns:

Average Days Uncompliant

Daily Cost

Total Cost

The total cost column that is the one is showing incorrect and is a measure of average days * daily cost. Whilst the figures are correct within the product rows, when it gets to platform & portfolio level, the numbers are incorrect and I've been racking my brain over this 😔

Begbie_0-1664204186680.png

The daily cost is a measure of 

Daily Cost = CALCULATE(SUM(BeaconChecksCostDB[AffectedResourcesPotentialSavings]))

The average days compliant is another measure of 
Average Days Uncompliant = AVERAGEX(VALUES(Products[Product Name]),[# Days Uncompliant])

And the measure of # days uncompliant is a datediff calculation with a switch statement.

Any help or pointers is greatly received as always.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Begbie 

There is no error in the calculation of total cost, but the Average column has decimals omitted.

As shown in the figure, this is an unindented decimal. The calculation is correct.

vzhangti_0-1664259089779.png

This is the data after the decimal point is omitted. 2.06*145<>298.44, but 145 itself is not 145.

vzhangti_1-1664259148016.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Begbie 

There is no error in the calculation of total cost, but the Average column has decimals omitted.

As shown in the figure, this is an unindented decimal. The calculation is correct.

vzhangti_0-1664259089779.png

This is the data after the decimal point is omitted. 2.06*145<>298.44, but 145 itself is not 145.

vzhangti_1-1664259148016.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and show the working out.

I'm embarrased to say, you are totally correct. I adjusted my report to show the decimal places in the average day and now the figures all tie up 😳

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.