cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bw70316 Member

Matrix Totals Appearing twice in random month?

I am trying to drill down from FY to Month and so on and when  I do I get this error. This is a DL'd PBI that I haven't created the relationships on and do not have access to the source data.

november issue.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Matrix Totals Appearing twice in random month?

Hi @bw70316

You may go to 'Subtotals' under format pane to turn off the column which has 'AAS' values.

2.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bw70316 Member

I figured out it was because all my Budgeted Amounts Load on that date. Causing the issue. I don't know how to get unique values for those expense types if I don't have a proper date however.

v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @bw70316

This is due to Power BI being a aggregation tool. You may drill down to Days to get unique values.Power BI also removes duplicate rows from a table by default. The way around this would be to create an index column to provide the uniqueness of rows.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 988 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: