Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Table

There use to be a matrix table that had row grouping 3 levels deep.    In other words, Column A would represent the 1st tier )e.g., Construction); Column B would be a subset (e.g., apartments, houses), Column C would be a further subset (e.g., Options Selected).   I no longer see this visualizer as an option to import; this occured after did the latest upgrade.   Does anyone know where I might find this particular table?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you uncheck „Stepped Layout“ unter „Row headers“? This will put the fields in separate columns.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lndnbrg
Resolver III
Resolver III

You can take the regular matrix visual and disable the stepped layout - see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-matrix-visual#stepped-layout-with-matrix-visuals
Anonymous
Not applicable

I no longer have the same view as I presented above using the "Matrix" visualization.   Now when I use the Matrix table against the same data set, It produces a condensed version showing the 1st column and the last two columns.   Using the recommended steps, there still no reproducing the chart I had previously.    Has the Matrix table changed?     The only way I can see the other columns is to drill-down using the navigation arrows.

I have tried an example for you:

pbi.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the video.   It was very helpful.    I'm almost there.   How do I list each of the Rows in their own column.   It will save a lot of space by listing each of the "rows" as their own independent column.    Much like this example below.

Capture2.PNG

Did you uncheck „Stepped Layout“ unter „Row headers“? This will put the fields in separate columns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!   That did the trick!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.