Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Table with Month and Quarter's Side by Side

Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I've had a look around and can't find a solution. 

I am wondering if the below set out is possible. I want to be able to see Months and Quarters side by side and not have to drill down in the visual. The GSV, Net Sales and Gross Profit rows are measures that I have created using DAX. I've been trying to work this out by using a Matrix Table with three measu re values, that are Shown on Rows. Haven't been able to work out how to format the columns.

Matrix Table.JPG

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to turn off the 'Stepped layout' option.

w8.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Lily36876
Helper I
Helper I

Hi 

Can I ask that how you write to calculate total of GSV, Net Sales and Gross Profit each rows with Dax!!!

I have same demand with it!!! Thanks a lot!!

petrutjim
Frequent Visitor

same question here, but the accepted response does not solve the initial request.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think the case of measure on the row. You need use "Show on Row"

Please refer to this link

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. This however is not what I'm trying to solve for. I have been able to show my measures on row. 

What I'm trying to solve for is how do I get Months and Quarter columns to show next to each other, rather than dril down. Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to turn off the 'Stepped layout' option.

w8.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.