Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Table with Dynamic column headers

Hello,

I am trying to build a visual to help a sales person understand new distribution opportunities at an account.  For example, if a sales person is given 3 retail SKU's to sell, i want them to be able to see by account which SKUs are listed and which are not.  THere are a few challenges here;

1) This visual will cover three different geographies, so there will be three different sets of SKUs (that change every quarter)

2) Given the way our data loads, if a SKU has not been ordered in the given time frame, the sku will not show up at the account.  For example, a sales person may have 100 accounts in their territory, but if a SKU is new, our system will only show the POC's that have sales history for that SKU and will not show 0 sales for the accounts that have never ordered that SKU.

Below is an excel visual of what I want this to look like.  1 idea i have is to create a column that would show the total revenue of an Account, and then create 15 measures, one for each of the SKU's by Province, but there has to be a more efficient way to do this.  Any ideas?

Swinden_0-1634946246558.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry for not quite understanding your needs. Could you please provide some example data in text form and the final result you want? Can you provide some real world examples to illustrate what Dynamic column headers mean? What is the content of these dynamic headers to be displayed, the number of SKUs?

For dynamic headers, you can refer the content in the following links. Hope they can help you.

1. Unpivot the columns and create matrix visual

Dynamic/Variable Column Header Names Changing with Slicer

2. Use DAX

How To Create A Dynamic Headings In Power BI Using DAX

Dynamic "Column" Headers for Time Periods in Power BI

Creating Dynamic Date Column Headers in Table/Matrix Names in Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry for not quite understanding your needs. Could you please provide some example data in text form and the final result you want? Can you provide some real world examples to illustrate what Dynamic column headers mean? What is the content of these dynamic headers to be displayed, the number of SKUs?

For dynamic headers, you can refer the content in the following links. Hope they can help you.

1. Unpivot the columns and create matrix visual

Dynamic/Variable Column Header Names Changing with Slicer

2. Use DAX

How To Create A Dynamic Headings In Power BI Using DAX

Dynamic "Column" Headers for Time Periods in Power BI

Creating Dynamic Date Column Headers in Table/Matrix Names in Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think it would help if you provided some sample raw data.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors