cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sambhu
Helper II
Helper II

Matrix / Table report with subtotal

i have to develop a report with below format .is a possible to develop the below format in matrix as same as it . 

usually matrix gives as a  drill down . but i need some of the grouping values as column and need to caluculate subtotal 

based on the different categoried by grouping it .

is it possible to create sub total in table visual . Please help . appreaciate any suggestions. 

sambhu_2-1613066385413.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sambhu,

You can also take a look at the following blog about custom subtotal and handles of these calculations:

Insert Custom Subtotals in the Matrix Visual 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
themistoklis
Super User II
Super User II

@sambhu 

Yes you can actually do that in a matrix.

If you want the drill down information to be displayed in separate columns please do the following.

Add a matrix visual and then on format section go to Row Headers --> Stepped Layout should be OFF

For Subtotals go to Format --> Subtotals and Turn ON or OFF the Row Subtotals or Column Subtotals

You can also specify the Row Subtotal Position (Top or Bottom)

If this post helps, then please Accept it as the solution to help other community members find it more quickly

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply.

Check out my COVID-19 Report in Data Stories Gallery:    COVID-19 Report

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.