Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix / Table report with subtotal

i have to develop a report with below format .is a possible to develop the below format in matrix as same as it . 

usually matrix gives as a  drill down . but i need some of the grouping values as column and need to caluculate subtotal 

based on the different categoried by grouping it .

is it possible to create sub total in table visual . Please help . appreaciate any suggestions. 

sambhu_2-1613066385413.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can also take a look at the following blog about custom subtotal and handles of these calculations:

Insert Custom Subtotals in the Matrix Visual 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Yes you can actually do that in a matrix.

If you want the drill down information to be displayed in separate columns please do the following.

Add a matrix visual and then on format section go to Row Headers --> Stepped Layout should be OFF

For Subtotals go to Format --> Subtotals and Turn ON or OFF the Row Subtotals or Column Subtotals

You can also specify the Row Subtotal Position (Top or Bottom)

If this post helps, then please Accept it as the solution to help other community members find it more quickly

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply.

Check out my COVID-19 Report in Data Stories Gallery:    COVID-19 Report

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.