Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Table not showing correct values

Hi Experts

See link to PBIX file with sample data.

Open up the PBIX file and refer to first workbook tab

Refer to matrox table called Product Complaints Total with Trends Direction as shown in the image below

Capture.PNG

we just need to concentrate on the values with up and down arrows all other values should be NO TREND.

So if a user clicks on the first down green arrow - they should see in the columns to the right the following

1. the P-value as shown in the card to the right

2. the __trend direction again as shown on the card to the right this should be the same as the arrow.

3. the Significance again show in the card to the right

in the above example they are all correct - however as you scroll down the data set you'll start to see the errors.

also if you look at the first Product ID 72200616 and click on the row, the end result should be as follows:

1. p-value 0.678604 not 0.000000 as shown

2. __trend NO TREND not up as shown

3. Significance NOTREND not Signifcant Trend as shown.

sample file link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msjisx97e3a9wuo/Sample__v.1.11%281%29.pbix?dl=0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

SWITCH function not works on multiple row contents, it will return default case if you try to use it to compare with multiple records.

I'd like to suggest you to summarize these values and calculate with these summary result.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

SWITCH function not works on multiple row contents, it will return default case if you try to use it to compare with multiple records.

I'd like to suggest you to summarize these values and calculate with these summary result.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xiaoxin Sheng, firstly thanks for the feedback, excellent as always from the team.

can you demo this in the file i uploaded, is there a work around to get what i am asking for - please.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.