Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhorvati
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Table Field Formatting - Value decimal places unavailable

Anyone know why under Field Formatting in the Table Matrix the Value Decimal Places would be greyed out and not be available to select?  I can not set decimal places for any of the fields in this table, even if the Display Units is set to Auto.  

bi.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
RBunting
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm also having this trouble.

I've created a 'percentage' behavior in my total column by virtue of ISFILTERED, but I need the main data body to show as units, while the percentage has to be at least decimals.  It seems like this field should control the behavior I need but it's grayed out!  Arg!

MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi bhorvati,

I cannot answer why this is happening but an alternative is to use the 'Modelling' tab and format your number and Decimal places in there as shown.

SetDecimalPlaces.PNG

I have same issue on this, and I really don't want to format at data model level, any idea why it is grayed out

Van
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue..Do you know what's causing it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors