Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Matrix: Swap Column Headers

Hello - I have a table in which I'm showing by Line of Business (LOB) and quarter (in 2020), total classroom training hours and Training Ride Along hours.  I put the data in a matrix as follows:

Training Totals.PNGWhat I really want is Class Room Training by quarter, then Training Ride Along hours by quarter as follows:

Training Totals 2.PNG

Questions:

1.  Is it possible to easily swap the layout?

2.  I have data from 2018, so when you use the "Qtr" component of the date, does it sum for all years?  I put a filter on the visual to look at only 2020.

3.  In the first graphic, why are the column headers for the Totals (circled in red) so blurry.  That's strange, when the other column headers are not.  No big deal.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ConnieMaldonado ,

We can't directly have the formatting you desire. With work-arounds, yes we can acheive somewhat the same formatting.

I took 3 matrix vizes to achieve the formatting.

I have attached the pbix. Hope it helps you. You need to format further for specific colors and fonts.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thak you!  I was able to make it work with the suggestions in the PBIX.  How were you able to attach a document to the post? 🙂  I can't seem to do that.

@ConnieMaldonado , Attachment option with comments/replies is available only for users with Super User rank. That's why it's not visible to you.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@ConnieMaldonado ,

We can't directly have the formatting you desire. With work-arounds, yes we can acheive somewhat the same formatting.

I took 3 matrix vizes to achieve the formatting.

I have attached the pbix. Hope it helps you. You need to format further for specific colors and fonts.

LinkedIn

ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If I swap the fields, I get LOB across the top which is not what I want.  I've attached some sample dummy data below.  For some reason, I can't attach a file, so I've included a table below.  How do I attach a file or provide sample data?  When I post a table, I get a message that I have invalid HTML.  

@ConnieMaldonado ,

You can attach the file to https://dropfiles.org/ and then send the URL generated. Best will be getting the pbix file. If you just wan't to share data, excel would work too.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @ConnieMaldonado ,

PFB response:

1. Is it possible to easily swap the layout?

Ans: Yes. Seems like you have taken Qtr first and then LOB in matrix columns. Switch them in the fields. You can achieve using a bit of tweak. It would be better if you provide sample data so that we can try and attach solution file.

2. I have data from 2018, so when you use the "Qtr" component of the date, does it sum for all years? I put a filter on the visual to look at only 2020.

Ans: Yes. You will need to take Year alongwith QTR to get the diiferentiation.

3. In the first graphic, why are the column headers for the Totals (circled in red) so blurry. That's strange, when the other column headers are not. No big deal.

Ans: Seems to be an internal bug. This sometimes does happen. Try increasing/decreasing font size and changing font-style. Also, try disabling the totals and then enabling them.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.