Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Row Conditional Formatting

Hi Team

How do i apply conditional formatting on rows in my matrix visual I am using these fields in my Rows : Prod ID, Prod Name, Date and No of Days (Calculated Column) and in Columns using Location names and in Values using status color column (Red, Green, Yellow and Grey)

Prod Id

Prod Name

Date

No of Days

CHA

DEN

MCB

HOL

Crash Preventon

03/15/21

Red

Yellow

Red

Red

Workshop Safety

12/21/21

Yellow

Red

Green

Yellow

Matrix

12/19/21

Green

Yellow

Red

Green

Now Client is askng No of Days column should be highlighted in red if value is greater than 90 days.  I am not sure how to apply conditional formatting on rows. Can anyone suggest how to proceed to solve this.

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix 

Thanks for your efforts but seems like this solution is not working for my requirement.

When iam trying to create measure first of all iam not able to get my color indicator column (Whole number Data Type) and switched to calculated column with your code and no errors but solution not gettning as expected.

I think if you can check which you provided pbix file you will come to know the issue. or else let me know how can i share my pbix file (if you can share personal main id thru personal message then i wll share my pbix file. if you are ok)😋

View solution in original post

Sent you a private message so you can send me the link.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to enable the "Background color" option for the No of Days field, and then create a rule in Advanced controls.

image.pngimage.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kkf-msft 

My requirement in Matrix. if its table i could have done this anway thanks for your response.

I have given full information in below chain mails if you want to see further information

As of now i have received solution from @MFelix and working on that.

Regards,

Venky

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Create a new measure on the top of [No of days] measure and use that in conditional formatting with field value option

Switch( True(),
[No of Days] > 90 , "red",
[No of Days] > 70 , "yellow",
"green"
)

refer my video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4

or

https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-numbers-in-the-column
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-by-color-values

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Thanks amit for your quick response. I tried but no luck because I have used "No of Days" column is calculated column and when iam trying to create measure for this i can't see the Date column.

Please let me know how to get No of days column using measures

No of Days = datediff (Today (), Table[Date].Date,Day)

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me with your suggestions?

No of Days Column should highlghted in red if value is greater than 90 days.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak @jdbuchanan71 @Jihwan_Kim @selimovd @MFelix can you one provide your inputs how to proceed with my issue?

Regards

Hi,

Sorry I failed to understand your question.

If it is OK with you, share your sample pbix file with the expected outcome of the visualization.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi @Anonymous ,

If number of days is a calculated column then you just need to use that column to make the condittional formatting on your matrix. The only question is the row value, that is not applicable in a full click, you need to apply that to each value on your matrix.

MFelix_0-1619423682443.png

For each value you need to have the consdittiona formmating set.

Check PBIX file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jihwan_Kim @MFelix how do i attach pbix file?

Felix, Thanks for your response and the values (REd, Green and Yellow) are in completely background color not in words. I mean My Values section already filled with background colors instead of words.

If you can see "No of Days" calculated column having values 121 and 119 those should be in Red color. So still possble to achieve this solution? Please let me know if you find result.

Regards

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this background made with a condittional formatting using a colour based on the fields you are using (CHA, DEN, MCB, HOL)?

If yes then you need to create a condittional formating that overwrites that level of the condittional formatting. Something similar to:

Condittionla formatting = IF( SUM(Table[NumberDays])>= 90 , "Red", ANOTHER CONDITIONAL FORMATTING OPTIONS)

can you share how you are making that condittional formatting?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix 

I am using in my Column section column is "Location Name" which has values of (CHA, DEN, MCB and HOL) and in Values section using "Status Color" column which has the below calculation

Status_Color = 

IF(ARC[Colour_Indicator]=-1,"RED",IF(ARC[Colour_Indicator]=0,"YELLOW",IF(ARC[Colour_Indicator]=1,"GREEN","GREY")))

Colour Indicator column having the data is -1,0,1,2

and finally applying conditional formattning on Status Color column by enablning "Background Color" and in Advanced Controls using "Format by - Feild Value" so that Yellow name in Yellow Color, Red color name in REd color. and also enabled Font Color "Format by - Field Value" so that values section completely turns different colors background.

hopefully you can understand how iam applying. 😀

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are using a custom formula for the condittional formatting you just need to wrap your measure in the Number of days try the following measure:

Status_Color =
IF (
    SUM ( Table[Number[No of Days] ) >= 90,
    "RED",
    IF (
        ARC[Colour_Indicator] = -1,
        "RED",
        IF (
            ARC[Colour_Indicator] = 0,
            "YELLOW",
            IF ( ARC[Colour_Indicator] = 1, "GREEN", "GREY" )
        )
    )
)

Also the use of nested if is difficult to maintain try to change it to the following switch formula:

Status_Color =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    SUM ( Table[Number[No of Days] ) >= 90, "RED",
    ARC[Colour_Indicator] = -1, "RED",
    ARC[Colour_Indicator] = 0, "YELLOW",
    ARC[Colour_Indicator] = 1, "GREEN",
    "GREY"
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix 

Thanks for your efforts but seems like this solution is not working for my requirement.

When iam trying to create measure first of all iam not able to get my color indicator column (Whole number Data Type) and switched to calculated column with your code and no errors but solution not gettning as expected.

I think if you can check which you provided pbix file you will come to know the issue. or else let me know how can i share my pbix file (if you can share personal main id thru personal message then i wll share my pbix file. if you are ok)😋

Sent you a private message so you can send me the link.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix  sent private message

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.