Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

orangeatom
Resolver I
Resolver I

Matrix Row - Button or text with action

Hello community,

I'm not sure if this is feasible however I need some input on how to best design this.

(Solution#1) I have a matrix with a few rows & columns. I would like to have a button for each row with the action to invoke a bookmark. The first solution is set a button in column 1 however the problem is, due to the header users cannot click certain buttons. I realize this is a statis solution, however the page is static with little to no navgiation for the user.

Column1, Column2, Column3

Button1 (BookmarkA),This is row 1, Value1

Button2 (BookmarkB),This is row 2, Value2

Button3 (BookmarkC),This is row 3, Value3

(Solution#2) Perferrably I would like to be able to turn a column value to have an action. Example:

Column2,Column3

This is row 1(BookmarkA), Value1

This is row 2(BookmarkB), Value2

This is row 3(BookmarkC), Value3

I dont think solution 2 is possible from what i can tell? Any ideas? Due to the design I am unable to add any additional visuals.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
orangeatom
Resolver I
Resolver I

Final solution for those with this unique request is to "use the modern visual header with updated styling options" under the options>>Visual options. Have buttons underneath one another, works wonerful:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
orangeatom
Resolver I
Resolver I

Final solution for those with this unique request is to "use the modern visual header with updated styling options" under the options>>Visual options. Have buttons underneath one another, works wonerful:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@orangeatom

Hey I have similar requirement 

there are 10 rows in matrix and needs to add action on each row and dynamic report page will open for that specific category.

So can you please guide step by step how can we achive it this is the simlar scenraio which you have

Thanks,

Anand

Hi @Anonymous , did you manage to do it ? If yes, I would like to see how.

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.