Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jackheilpern
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Preview - include and exclude

Is anyone having issues with the include/exclude in the new matrix preview?  I don't see those options when right clicking on rows.  I'm sure I'm missing something here, but so far I can't see what.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jackheilpern

Hi, The Include/Exclude option only Appears when you have One Level.  (Similar in a chart)

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jackheilpern,

Which Power BI desktop version did you run? Based on my test in desktop version 2.45.4704.442 64-bit (April 2017), in the Matrix Preview visual, right click the row, both Include and Exclude options are available.

q6.PNG

Reference:
Use the new Matrix visual in Power BI Desktop (Preview)

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, this didn't really help.  Here is the screenshot showing the version I'm running:

Screenshot1.jpg

And here is a screenshot of the results in matrix preview:

Screenshot2.jpg

As this last screenshot shows, the include / exclude options aren't showing up for me.  Perhaps there is some other option needs to be enabled that I've missed here?

JH

@v-qiuyu-msft wrote:

Hi @jackheilpern,

Which Power BI desktop version did you run? Based on my test in desktop version 2.45.4704.442 64-bit (April 2017), in the Matrix Preview visual, right click the row, both Include and Exclude options are available.

q6.PNG

Reference:

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

@v-qiuyu-msft wrote:

Hi @jackheilpern,

q6.PNG

@v-qiuyu-msft wrote:

Hi @jackheilpern,

q6.PNG

Reference:

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

@v-qiuyu-msft wrote:

Hi @jackheilpern,

q6.PNG

@v-qiuyu-msft wrote:

Hi @jackheilpern,

q6.PNG

Reference:

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Reference:

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Reference:

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

@jackheilpern

Hi, The Include/Exclude option only Appears when you have One Level.  (Similar in a chart)

Lima - Peru

Hey @Vvelarde

Do you know whats the reasoning/logic behind not allowing to exclude data points say in a scatter plot or in matrix table (that is data at the most granular level). I mean in my use case every once in a while on refreshing the data there is one data point on the scatter pplot that skews the average. It would be nice for my client to see the scatter plot without that one/few data points also. 

Also is there a trick/way to make the excluded/included data as a page/report level filter. One of the powerful functionality could be to exclude category on one chart and see how other metrics get affected. Basically right now excluding does not affect data on other visuals that are being cross-filtered, and there should be a way to allow it.

Hmmm.  I missed that.  It's hard to keep up.  Thanks for the help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.