Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ferzfeld
Advocate II
Advocate II

Matrix Preview - Disable Drill-Down when using several fields as rows

Hello,

I really love the new Matrix Preview feature as it lets me filter my other visuals by clicking on a row in that matrix.

When I add several fields as rows, it will only let me use the drill-down functionality. I need the fields I added to the rows showing next to each other.

Is there any way to disable the drill-down functionality?

As a work-around I created a column concatenating the fields I need to show in a row, but it is bad for readabilty.

Thank you!

- Frank

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ferzfeld,

Have you resolved your problem? As I tested, you can use "Stepped Layout" option to set a hierarchy beneath as @dsynan posted. More details, please review this article.

If you have other issues, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

dsynan
Advocate III
Advocate III

Go into the Format menu on the visual and disable "Stepped Layout" under the Row headers menu. Then go to your First row header/or conten under the first row header and "expand to next level" until you get your desired row headers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!  

Hi dsynan,

Thank you for your feedback. Expanding to the next level is getting me closer to the desired result, but still not providing the presentation of the data I need.

I created 2 screenshots to help understanding my problem:

1. Using the table visual which provides the correct presentation of the data (and correct sort-order). It does not provide the functionality to select a value and filter my visuals by this value.

07-04-2017 10-13-41.png

2. Using the matrix preview visual and expanding to the next level. The sort order of my rows is not as intended (grouped by OP)

07-04-2017 10-12-47.png

This is probably the intended behaviour of the matrix visual, I am only using the visual because of the possibility to mark rows and use them as filter for my other visuals.

Thank you in advance!

- Frank

Hi @ferzfeld,

As I tested, in Martrix preview, we are unable to achieve what you want. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.