Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SparkDataGuru
Frequent Visitor

Matrix - Multiple Rows - Different Totals

I'm currently struggling with this one detail within my Matrix table. In my Matrix table I have multiple rows consisting of these rows. The requirement for the report is to have a subtotal for the Lead Source Group AND a grand total for Dealership. 

Matrix Table Fields.png

Here is what is currently returning in my matrix table. In the green the totals are correct for the total 'Lead Source Group' but it fails to add properly in the total 'Dealership' value, which should be '112' instead of '108'. 

Matrix Table Sums.png

'MTD Leads' field is a complex measure comprised of many other measures; now I understand why it does this total as it's technically correct doing the calculations in context to Dealership level instead of the typical Lead Source Group. 

The formula for 'MTD Leads' is:

Display_Reallocated_Count_LeadInPeriod_New_Leads = sumx(VALUES(view_LeadSourceGroupName[LeadSourceGroupName]), [Reallocated_Count_LeadInPeriod_New_Leads])

Which when further broken down you'll find the pre-sumx statement as:

Reallocated_Count_LeadInPeriod_New_Leads = [Count_LeadInPeriod_New_Leads]+([Count_LeadInPeriod_Unknown_Leads]*[Percentage_LeadInPeriod_New_Leads])

Typically when there is only one matrix row I know we can use SUMX to get the desired total context. However, I'm stumped as how to get different totals for a single measure like in the desired screenshot above when we have multiple rows in a matrix table...

How do I get a matrix table to reflect the correct total on the 'Lead Source Group' total AND the 'Dealership' in the mentioned desired manner (54+58 = 112)? 

As always, thank you for your help! 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.