Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rocco_guidetti
Regular Visitor

Matrix - Measure Row Total

Dear All,

I am struggling to find the right way to compute a row total for the matrix table at the bottom.

My dataset has a structure similar to the one below:

datasetdataset 

While these are the measures that I am using to compute the monthly quantities for each series and the absolute difference to be visualized in the matrix:

Series A = SUMX(FILTER(Sheet1;Sheet1[Series]="A");Sheet1[Qty])

Series B = SUMX(FILTER(Sheet1;Sheet1[Series]="B");Sheet1[Qty])

Absolute difference = abs([Series B]-[Series A])

As you can see I would like to highlight the monthly absolute difference among the two series and the total of the absolute difference column. Correclty the DAX returns 0 for that row total but I would appreciate any suggestion to compute, maybe with another measure, the total of the absolute deviation (12 in this case).

what I am trying to achievewhat I am trying to achieve

Thank you for your help,

Rocco.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sean,

I have found a way around to solve my issue. I am using quite a long formula but it works now.

I am using VAR and RETURN to compute the same calculation for each month and then I compute the sum of all the results.

Your formula was not solving my issue but probably because I framed the question not 100% clearly.

Thanks a lot anyways,

Rocco.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Absolute Difference =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Sheet1[Date - Month] ),
    ABS ( [Series B] - [Series A] ),
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Sheet1[Date - Month] )
)

Hi Sean,

I have found a way around to solve my issue. I am using quite a long formula but it works now.

I am using VAR and RETURN to compute the same calculation for each month and then I compute the sum of all the results.

Your formula was not solving my issue but probably because I framed the question not 100% clearly.

Thanks a lot anyways,

Rocco.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rocco,

I am sort of stuck with the same problem, do you mind sharing your solution to the problem ? 

Regards,

Rushyendra C

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.