Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix Layout and Heatmap

Hi All, I have two question.

1) How do I get the matix layout as shown

2) After acheivng the layout I want to apply heatmap on each row rather then whole table.

My coulumn headings in a Table:

Supplier noSupplier NameBrandItem numberItem DescriptionFYFinancial MonthDateShipment No  PO NoLine NoPurchase CurrencyReceived QtyReceived value in ACPReceived Value in AUDExchange Rate on OrderExchange Rate on Order ReceiptPurchase Price in Po currencyPurchase price in AUD

Matrix layout as below:

Item numberItem DescriptionPO currency JulAugSepOctNovDecMayFebJanAprMarJun
xyzxyzUS$Purchase Price in PO currency$5.00$5.50  $4.75$5.00 $5.25 $4.70 $5.50
xyzxyzUS$Exchange Rate on Order Receipt0.700.75  0.650.79 0.65 0.74 0.77
xyzxyzUS$Purchase price in AUD$7.14$7.33  $7.31$6.33 $8.08 $6.35 $7.14

After applying heatmap condition

nadeemrajabali_0-1630544875209.png

Is possible to acheive using my current tabular data or I have create multiple tables and relate each other.

Also, suggest the visual where I can show the relation of Po Price, exchange rate & AUD Purchase price.

Sorry too many questions but I am new to the forum and Power Bi.

Thanks

Nads

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadeemrajabali ,

Select Values>Show on Rows (slider)>ON

vluwangmsft_0-1631155928532.png

refer :https://datasavvy.me/2017/08/10/you-can-now-put-values-on-rows-in-power-bi/ 

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadeemrajabali ,

In my opinion, you can create measure, measure is a reaction to the rules of the background color configuration, configure the specified month, the data reaches a certain value, set the rules of the background color. You can refer to the specific operation I replied to in this case below.

refer:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-formatting-3-text-options/td-p/2058800 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadeemrajabali ,

In my opinion, you can create measure, measure is a reaction to the rules of the background color configuration, configure the specified month, the data reaches a certain value, set the rules of the background color. You can refer to the specific operation I replied to in this case below.

refer:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-formatting-3-text-options/td-p/2058800 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadeemrajabali ,

Select Values>Show on Rows (slider)>ON

vluwangmsft_0-1631155928532.png

refer :https://datasavvy.me/2017/08/10/you-can-now-put-values-on-rows-in-power-bi/ 

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Amazing thanks for your help. A very simple step can change the total look and feel of the visual.

So one problem resolved. The layout.

Is there a way to control conditional formatting on row level instead of whole table?

Thanks

Nadeem

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadeemrajabali ,

Could you pls share your pbix file? And I will test on it.Remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi Lucien, 

Thanks for your help.

I am new so don't know how to attached files. Below is the link to folder to get PBIX and Excel file I have used. I have removed the data and modified main information due to confidentiality,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGdzioxKEUJwWQOtz1Cb20U11xu4j3xl/view?usp=sharing 

The conditional formating is applied on whole table however I have to use it on Row, also the column header I only months to dispaly and Three pricing to apear on the Row level infront of Product.

Thanks

Nads

Hi @nadeemrajabali ,

When I click the link, it show me:You need access rights.

Could you pls share it on a public link?

Best Regards

Lucien

@v-luwang-msft try this link, wont be a issue or is there a email I can send you file to?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qhHwDe1kfrkyv5Buy2UbcZnc4RRqhI6C?usp=sharing

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@nadeemrajabali So, in your matrix you would put Item Number, Item Description and PO Currency into your Rows  field well. Put Month into your Columns field well and whatever Values you want. Then you would go into the Format sub-pane of the Visualizations pane and expand Row headers. Scroll down and toggle off Stepped layout. Then go back to the Fields sub-pane of your Visualizations pane. In the Values field well, click the drop down arrow for whatever column you have and choose Conditional formatting and Background color.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks Greg, Unfortunately I am unable to acheive what I am looking for. I guess I have to change my data layout in the query editor. However will wait for some more feedbacks.

Sorru Greg I realised that I didn't tag you 🙂

@Greg_Deckler 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.