Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaiman

Matrix +/- Icon Option Removed

I can no longer locate the option to add +/- icons via the Row headers formatting as of the June 2019 release (2.70.5494.761 64-bit).  Has this been removed entirely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kaiman ,

By my tests with live connection, it still has the option like below.

Capture.PNG

Will you have this issue for getting data from power bi dataset?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
seanguerrero
Helper I
Helper I

Does anyone know how to get these  +/- icons for the column headers to collapse old years but keep months of the most recent year?

i.e.

Column Headers to look like:

+2019   +2020   [+2021] --Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dis u find a solution for this problem??I ve the same issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've the same issue with live connexion how did u resolve this issue

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @kaiman ,

By my tests with the latest version of power bi desktop, we could see the +/- Icon option under Row header.

matrix option.png

Please uninstall your current version of power bi desktop and download from here to reinstall it.

If you still have this issue, please share some screenshots about it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply but I was already on the version you recommended.  I did reinstall but still do not see the option on the report I am using.  For testing, I created a new report, using the same matrix visualization, and the option was available.

Can you think of a reason why this option would be unavailable on one report but available on another?  Could connection be a reason?  The report where it does not exist is using a live connection to a cube.  The report where it does exist is connected to an Excel spreadsheet.  Other than that, there isn't much difference in what I am doing.

Hi @kaiman ,

By my tests with live connection, it still has the option like below.

Capture.PNG

Will you have this issue for getting data from power bi dataset?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.