Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cyprix
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Help

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to track a list of rooms and wether or not they were cleaned on each day of the week. My two matrix visuals looks like this.

Test.PNG

As you can see the table on the left had no rooms cleaned on Monday, my goal is to have the table on the left show all days of the week wether any of the rooms were cleaned that day or not, and as a new user to power bi I am lost on how to address this. 

Thanks in advance,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cyprix
Frequent Visitor

I was able to fix my problem, I needed to create 2 additional tables one with a list of rooms and one with the days in the week, and draw the relation ship from those tables to my data. Then use my newly created tables as my data for my matrix and when I selected show items with no data, it populated and now my problem is fixed.

Thank you all for the help and responses.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bsas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @Cyprix,

tick option "use value with no data" for column day in your visual.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Cyprix,

Do you have blank rows for all rooms on Monday? If so, make sure that you choose "Show items with no data" for the column field in Matrix visual.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have tried this, but if no data is present for a specific room or week day in my filtered time period, the matrix removes the row and or column wether I have "show items with no data" checked or not.  In the picture I have show rooms with no data but Sub-Sterile 5/6 were still omitted from the report.Capture.PNG

@Cyprix

You can try to filter data using visual/report level filter.

Cyprix
Frequent Visitor

I tried to remove my slicer and use page level filters but the problem is still there. If any room or day has no entry data for the time period it is left from my visual even when show items with no data is selected.

Cyprix
Frequent Visitor

I was able to fix my problem, I needed to create 2 additional tables one with a list of rooms and one with the days in the week, and draw the relation ship from those tables to my data. Then use my newly created tables as my data for my matrix and when I selected show items with no data, it populated and now my problem is fixed.

Thank you all for the help and responses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.