Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rvcedd
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix: Display only total for specified values

Hello there,

I would like to create a Matrix with 1 row, 3 columns (Date hierarchy) and 2 values. One of the values should be broken down by each column and one of the values should only display the total across all columns.

In the example attached, I would like to only display "Count of butterflies" in the Total column. The "Count of butterflies" from 2018 and 2019 columns should dissapear. 

Is this possible?

Dashboard here: here

PoweBIMatrixTest.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rvcedd 

You may turn off the 'Word wrap' under 'Column headers'.Then drag the column manually to hide it.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rvcedd 

You may try to create a measure to replace "Count of butterflies"

Measure = 
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Sheet1[Date].[Year] ) || ISFILTERED ( Sheet1[Date].[Month] )
        || ISFILTERED ( Sheet1[Date].[Day] ),
    BLANK (),
    CALCULATE ( COUNT ( Sheet1[Butterflies] ), ALL ( Sheet1[Date] ) )
)

1.png

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.  This solution doesn't solve the problem as the new created Measure still appears as a separate column in the table (it is empty but it still there). Is there any other solution?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi @rvcedd 

You may turn off the 'Word wrap' under 'Column headers'.Then drag the column manually to hide it.

1.png

Regards,

Thanks. This is a good work around and I will accept it as a solution. It would be nice if this was a supported feature, do you know if this has been raised already or shall I submit a suggestion for improvement?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.