Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Conditional Formatting

Hi

I have a requirement where a matrix contains two measures say Measure 1 & Measure 2. I would like to apply conditional formatting on Measure 1 based on a condition applied on Measure 2. For this I shall be able to access Measure 2 from conditional formatting options available for Measure 1. But, this is not the case now. It would be very helpful if anyone can provide a workaround to achieve this requirement. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Samrat,

What's the relationship between measure1 and measure2. Are they based on the same columns or different column? In addtion, could you please provide more details about what kind of conditional formatting are you going to achieve?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the message. Please find below the explanation.

Measure 1 and Measure 2 are from the same fact table and the relationship between them is that, whenever the average of Measure 1 calculated for last 3 months is greater then current month value then Measure 2 would be 1 otherwise 0. The requirement here is to highlight the Measure 1 whenever the value of Measure 2 is 1. Additionally we don't want Measure 2 in the report only Measure 1 has to be included in the report and it has to be conditionally formatted based on the Measure 2 value. The basic requirement is to conditionally format a column based on other column value irrespective of whether the 2 columns are included in the report or not, at least we shall be able to properly hide the unnecessary column from being rendered in the report. I hope this makes the requirement clear. Please let me know in case of any clarifications. Thanks much for the help!

Regards,

Sam

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Have a look at this excellent article by @MindyJhttps://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Desktop-Custom-Aggregations-Formatting-and-...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thank you for sharing the interesting article, I really appreciate it! This can definitely be considered as a work-around, however, the requirement is to conditionally format a column background based on other column value which should not be included in the report or hidden in the report. I also see that Power BI don't have an optimal way to hide columns in a report. I believe that they will come up with something soon. Thanks!

Regards,

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.