Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dchoward
Regular Visitor

Matrix Conditional Formatting

Is it possible to format the agregated number with comma "," in a Matrix count and sum or any other agregation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dchoward

You can click on the field, unlselect the thousand separator under Modeling tab.

9.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Generally you do that in the data view, just click your measure or column and specify the formatting in the ribbon such as commas, decimal places, etc.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

When creating a visualization of a "Matrix" and I select a column to use as my "Values", and then I select "Count" (number of widgets), it displays the count without commas breaking up the thousands.  Not sure how I would be able to format that within a data view when widgets isn't a number.  Not finding anywhere to change the format.

@dchoward - Did you ever get an answer to this issue?

I am trying to do the same thing and can't find it anywhere.

No, I was never able to format the record count.  Have been living with the default without any commas. 

@dchoward

You can click on the field, unlselect the thousand separator under Modeling tab.

9.PNG

Regards,

This solution does not do want I need.  The count function in a table on a text field does not allow selecting Formatting.  Here is an example of the table I like to add comma's in the count column.

Format Example.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.