Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeffgarlisch
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix Column Headers not showing name of values

Hey All, 

I'm working with a matrix like so, a single financial value, sum by  monthyear(columns) and Institution(Rows), but as you can see it is not displaying the name of the column being pulled for the financial value sum. 

Capture1.JPG

But when i put in a second column to the values section of the matrix it displays both names

2018-12-06 08_01_28-Clipboard.png

Is there any way t get it to display the name of the column used for the value summation when there is only one column chosen?

This is the end result im looking for:                                                                          

Required End ResultRequired End Result

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jeffgarlisch,

Currently it is not possible to meet your requirement. There is an idea that can work on your request, you can vote it up. I have help to vote it already 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35849152-matrix-hide-column-and-s...

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jeffgarlisch,

Currently it is not possible to meet your requirement. There is an idea that can work on your request, you can vote it up. I have help to vote it already 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35849152-matrix-hide-column-and-s...

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @jeffgarlisch,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jeffgarlisch,

You can double click on "value 1" or "value 2" and rename it to whatever you want.

Kind Regards,

Jelte

I understand how to rename the column headers, as I already renamed them to value 1 & value 2 for my example.

What im asking is if there is a way to make the matrix display the name "Value 1" as a secondary column header like so, when it is the only value reference in the Values box of the matrix structure menu, on the right hand side of the page.

I need my matrix to look like this. Is it possible?

Capture3.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can "Trick" PowerBI in creating a customn column with only "Value 1" in it.

You would then place that customn column under columns and then expand 1 level down.

This will result in the following:

Capture.PNG

I think this is as close as you can get.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.