Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

al1mon
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Add Calculated Columns

Pbix attachedhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1XI1tOCL8SuMK-5n0MmBrdrkyRdJz1no4/view?usp=sharing 

Data:

I have a basic Matrix visual which compares several countries to one another.

• Columns are Countries
  • Rows are Metrics

This is what Matrix visual looks like right now - https://imgur.com/a/7BT9Ckq 

Objective:

I would like to add 2 calculated columns to this Matrix:

• All Regions Average - not affected by any slicers
  • Selected Region Average - affected by Region slicer

Here is what desired output would look like - https://imgur.com/a/YjRTjUG

I've tried to follow a couple of topics on this but could not recreate their solutions. Appreciate any ideas!

8 REPLIES 8
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @al1mon 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@al1mon solution attached.

I would  💖 Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. ?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k  Thank you for spending time on this.

Unfortunatelly I have pretty specific requirements in this example and it looks like solution you provided does not meet the objective.

I am trying to add All Region AVG and Selected Region AVG as columns, in provided solution you added them as rows. Unless I am missing something.

@al1mon I just showed it on rows, these are measures and you can use it anywhere, in format pane, change setting show on rows  and it turn it off.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@al1mon got it, it is not straight forward functionality and nothing is available out of the box but there are tricks to achieve it, will try to spend time later and try to get it over the line.

@parry2k Any ideas on this? Appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

@al1mon here is a similar post and that will help. Use a similar method described in the post.

I would 💖 Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

@parry2k 

Unfortunatelly if I turn off show on rows setting it will result in 2 level columns - https://imgur.com/a/usDOquT 

Please refer to this image for visual I am trying to achieve with my matrix - https://imgur.com/a/YjRTjUG 

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.