Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aranthon
Frequent Visitor

Masure is not slicing in Table view

I am using Power BI REST API to push delta data into dataset, the delta data push may add duplicate records into the dataset and API does not support data merge. So I am trying to handle the duplicate issue and figure out the way to de-duplicate records therefore I can consider only latest data for calcuations. 

To explore this, I created a sample table called Host in the push dataset. Please refer the below screen shot, I manually inserted some duplicate records and created a measure called “DuplicateFlagHost” which tags incremental number to each record in a table start from latest date, it works correctly.

Formulas:

DuplicateFlagHost = CALCULATE(COUNT(Host[Name]), FILTER(ALL(Host), Host[Ip] = Host[Ip] && Host[Name]>=MAX(Host[Name]) && Host[CreatedDate]>=MAX(Host[CreatedDate])),VALUES(Host[Ip]))

Tot_Latest = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Host),FILTER(Host,[DuplicateFlagHost]=1))

Tot_History = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Host),FILTER(Host,[DuplicateFlagHost]>1))

Two Score cards created using the filter DuplicateFlagHost=1 and 2 and they show exact count. Refer the highlights in the below screen, the metric values are sliced according to the value of filter DuplicateFlagHost.

Host.PNG

Based on the outcome, I started to implement the same changes to one of my business table “AgentAvailability”, duplicate values are tagged correctly but I do not see any sliced value from the metric at row level. The score card also shows Blank.

Forumla

DuplicateFlag = CALCULATE(COUNT(AgentAvailability[RefreshDateValue]), FILTER(ALL(AgentAvailability), AgentAvailability[Id] = AgentAvailability[Id] && AgentAvailability[RefreshDateValue] >= MAX(AgentAvailability[RefreshDateValue])),VALUES(AgentAvailability[Id]))

LatestData = CALCULATE(COUNT(AgentAvailability[Id]),FILTER(AgentAvailability, AgentAvailability[DuplicateFlag]=1))

Host.PNG

There is no much difference between these two tables except data but this logic works partially.

Please help me to figure out the cause for the issue.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@aranthon ,

You may try using RANKX.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/IF-AND-dax-Formula/m-p/293991#M129654

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Push dataset does not allow to add custom column except measure. So i can't use 'Earlier' function which can be used only in derived column rather measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.