Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Master Datasheet

Hi guys,

I designed a .pbix while which has a master sheet and several other sheets with the same kind information: graphs, tables and filters.

What I want to accomplish is that everything is located and visualize from the master worksheet.

How can I accomplish this?. Shoud I use booksmarks?.

I will be waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Gonzalo Álvarez Giannerini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I didn't share any link, I just gave you an idea, As I said you have two options, bookmark or page navigation, page navigation will be much easier to manage, creating a bookmark with multiple visual on the same page and then hiding and making visuals visible will be tough to manage. I don't understand what is the problem creating multiple pages and just hide the pages and navigate to the respective page on the click of a button.

Do you want more work for yourself or want a solution that is easily manageable? 

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous here is the link to learn more  Use buttons in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!,

I tried both options and the one of hiding the rest of the sheets worked flawlessly.

Thanks!.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will check page navigation also in detail.

Thanks!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I will stay away from the bookmark for this purpose, see my last reply. It can be easily managed user page navigation. Anyhow I will leave that up to you. There is no more value I can add by providing the same answer.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I didn't share any link, I just gave you an idea, As I said you have two options, bookmark or page navigation, page navigation will be much easier to manage, creating a bookmark with multiple visual on the same page and then hiding and making visuals visible will be tough to manage. I don't understand what is the problem creating multiple pages and just hide the pages and navigate to the respective page on the click of a button.

Do you want more work for yourself or want a solution that is easily manageable? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Now I understand; sorry I just checked your website and I thought that was an example of what I was looking for.

Oh now I understand what I mean; well the thing is that the main objetive is to analyze and see everything from a single page. 

I will check both options but until now I think I need to use bookmarks.

What do you think?.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Well I understand what you say and saw your example on your webiste but it seems is not what I'm looking for. 

I need that the graphs and tables change on the same sheet when I press the buttons.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous bookmark or click of a button go to the respective page and create each page with the similar look and feel of the menu except the main visuals, so you can navigate from one page to another, hide all the pages, just keep the master page, once published in the service, user will see only one page and click of a button will navigate to the other pages (which are otherwise hidden).

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI 16062021.PNG

On the left you find the buttons with the amount of worksheets I have on the .pbix file. 

I need to create a panel that when I press each of those buttons the graphs and tables of Worksheet 1,..., Worksheet N, appear on the space where the Pie Graph and Bar Graph a located on the master sheet (the one above).

The idea is to have the whole dashboard on a single sheet, so every time I press one of those buttons the information of the other sheets appear on this master sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@galvarezg ¿Can you help me?.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not really sure what is the ask here? Can you provide bit more details?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.