Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ispajic
Helper I
Helper I

Mark periods in a combination chart or create an additional axis

Hi, is there any way to create a chart as the one below, where I would have a chart for user engagement, and I could define what the key periods are within the chart using a separate table, like on image 1:

example-annnotations.PNG

or alternatively, create a second axis for these periods like in image 2:

example-annnoaxistations.PNG

Or anything that might resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ispajic,

Here we can create another measure like this and add it to the line chart.

Measure = IF(MAX(Table1[Per])= "P1",CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Per])),IF(MAX(Table1[Per])="P2",CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Per])),IF(MAX(Table1[Per])="P3",CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Per])))))

Here is the result for your reference.

xxxx.png

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aux0mikx96ilbh8/Mark%20periods%20in%20a%20combination2.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ispajic,

Could you please share sample data of your table and the logic you uses to mark the periods ? Based on my test, it is impossible to create the chart as your second image currently. Here we can only add hierarchy in the Aixs, then we can drill up / down like this. Here I group the type Column and create a calculate column using the formula as below.

Per = IF(Table1[Index]>1 && Table1[Index]<4,"P1",IF(Table1[Index]>6 && Table1[Index]<10 ,"P2", IF(Table1[Index]>11 && Table1[Index]<14,"P3")))

mark.png

For more details, please check the pbix as attached. By the way, there is an idea about that, you can vote it up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aux0mikx96ilbh8/Mark%20periods%20in%20a%20combination2.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you! Unfortunately, drilldown won't work.

As to tables I'm using, what I've shown is a mockup, to explain more easily.

As an alternative, is it possible to get a line chart with 2 lines, where the first one is your standard one and the second only shows up when there's a period. For example, if 1-5 are seconds and P1 is period 1:

linegraph-mockup.PNG

Hi @ispajic,

Here we can create another measure like this and add it to the line chart.

Measure = IF(MAX(Table1[Per])= "P1",CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Per])),IF(MAX(Table1[Per])="P2",CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Per])),IF(MAX(Table1[Per])="P3",CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Per])))))

Here is the result for your reference.

xxxx.png

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

This isn't a mindblowing solution, but yes, it should do 😄 Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.