Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiKeZZa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Mark area on map

Is it possible to mark an area on a map. Something like this:

And to be a little more specific; is it also possible to make more clear which places in this area are less or more interesting. Something like this:

Is there a custom visual or something that makes this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

this is not possible by using the default maps, if you have an ESRI development account, I'm pretty sure that you can build something.

My first try would be the great Icon map from altius that you can get from the marketplace from inside Power BI Desktop, here is the link to appsource: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381497?tab=Overview

I'm also pretty confident that you can create something using MapBox, also a custom visual, but you also have to register for a dev account.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom, thank you for your answer. I was looking for an 'easy' solution and that's not possible right now I hear. For a later moment I'll give a try at the altius part.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.