Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhanne
Frequent Visitor

Mark Project as Complete with Completion Date Using Activity Status and Completion Date

Hello,

I cannot figure out how to create these two columns I need:

• "Project Status" to mark Projects as complete if all if it's activities are complete
  • "Project Completion Date" to use the most recent activity completion date as a project completion date

My data looks like this

Project IDActivity IDActivity Status

Person Assigned

Activity Completion Date
1aCompleteMike10/1
1bCompleteMike10/3
1aCompleteBrent10/1
1bCompleteBrent10/5
2aCompleteMike10/3
2bCompleteMike10/4
2aCompleteBrent10/3
2bActiveBrent 

So I need the "Project Status" column to say "Complete" for Project 1 and "Active" for project 2 based on the "Activity Status Column." I also need a "Project Completion Date" column to calculate the completion date for the project based off of the latest Activity Completion Date (10/5 for project 1). 

Any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mhanne , Try new columns like

project Status =
var _1 = countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [Activity Status] = "Active"),[Activity ID])

return
if(isblank(_1) , "Complete", "Active")

project Date =
countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [project Status] = "Complete"),[Date])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mhanne
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak 

Thank you SO MUCH! The first column worked perfectly, but I am having some issues with the second.

With my fields, it looks like this:

ProjectCompleteDate = countx(filter('Live Feed', [projectid] = earlier([projectid]) && [ProjectStatus] = "Complete"),[reviewcompleteddate])
When I put it in, it prompted me to add .[DATE] after the [reviewcompleteddate], but did not change the outcome. It would not let me enter just [DATE] by itself.
The issue is the the column is returning a count of the number of actvities in each project rather than the most recent review completed date. Am I doing something wrong?
Again, thank you so much for your help this is really saving me! 

For the Project Date measure, use MAXX instead of countx:
project Date =
MAXX(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [project Status] = "Complete"),[Date])

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mhanne , Try new columns like

project Status =
var _1 = countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [Activity Status] = "Active"),[Activity ID])

return
if(isblank(_1) , "Complete", "Active")

project Date =
countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [project Status] = "Complete"),[Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.