Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhanne
Frequent Visitor

Mark Project as Complete with Completion Date Using Activity Status and Completion Date

Hello,

I cannot figure out how to create these two columns I need:

• "Project Status" to mark Projects as complete if all if it's activities are complete
  • "Project Completion Date" to use the most recent activity completion date as a project completion date

My data looks like this

Project IDActivity IDActivity Status

Person Assigned

Activity Completion Date
1aCompleteMike10/1
1bCompleteMike10/3
1aCompleteBrent10/1
1bCompleteBrent10/5
2aCompleteMike10/3
2bCompleteMike10/4
2aCompleteBrent10/3
2bActiveBrent 

So I need the "Project Status" column to say "Complete" for Project 1 and "Active" for project 2 based on the "Activity Status Column." I also need a "Project Completion Date" column to calculate the completion date for the project based off of the latest Activity Completion Date (10/5 for project 1). 

Any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mhanne , Try new columns like

project Status =
var _1 = countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [Activity Status] = "Active"),[Activity ID])

return
if(isblank(_1) , "Complete", "Active")

project Date =
countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [project Status] = "Complete"),[Date])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mhanne
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak 

Thank you SO MUCH! The first column worked perfectly, but I am having some issues with the second.

With my fields, it looks like this:

ProjectCompleteDate = countx(filter('Live Feed', [projectid] = earlier([projectid]) && [ProjectStatus] = "Complete"),[reviewcompleteddate])
When I put it in, it prompted me to add .[DATE] after the [reviewcompleteddate], but did not change the outcome. It would not let me enter just [DATE] by itself.
The issue is the the column is returning a count of the number of actvities in each project rather than the most recent review completed date. Am I doing something wrong?
Again, thank you so much for your help this is really saving me! 

For the Project Date measure, use MAXX instead of countx:
project Date =
MAXX(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [project Status] = "Complete"),[Date])

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mhanne , Try new columns like

project Status =
var _1 = countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [Activity Status] = "Active"),[Activity ID])

return
if(isblank(_1) , "Complete", "Active")

project Date =
countx(filter(Table, [Project_id] = earlier([Project_id]) && [project Status] = "Complete"),[Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.