Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maps not showing

I have tried to create some basic data to generate a map and I simply get a white box. No sign of a map although I can make a legend appear / change to a bar graph no problem.

I have checked our proxy settings and firewalls and cannot find anything getting blocked - I've checked access to the sites listed in the MS documentation (several places but originally found here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks).

Have upgraded from March 2018 to Aug 2018 PBI desktop (for Report Server) and no change.

My last ditch effort was to publish to PowerBI and it worked perfectly with no changes.

I have tried turning on logs and found nothing looking like an error, tried bypass geolocation cache and no luck.

Clearly something is stopping the maps loading but I haven't got a clue where to look next so any suggestions gratefully received! 

Thank you.

..so update, I've just updated my Report Server to the same version and the maps work perfectly there too - seems it is just a problem with the desktop software, not ideal but at least manageable, would still be good to resolve!.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi TheBalance,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue? Could the map visual work well in power bi desktop on your side?

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.