Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amotto1189

Maps Not Working While on Company VPN

I have created a Power BI dashboard with a traditional map visualization as well as an ArcGIS map using the same data. When I am off my companies vpn the maps work perfectly. When i am on the company VPN the maps don't show up with any data. I have read the microsoft tips and tricks here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks but whether i am on or off the vpn the 3 websites they have listed give me the same results when i click on them. I, nor my company IT department can figure out the issue. I have to think it is something within our firewal, but I am at a loss for what needs to be allowed in order for the maps to work properly while on the company network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amotto1189 ,

v-lionel-msft_1-1623118362051.png

After the VPN is turned on, the proxy server can not access the ArcGIS server, so the ArcGIS map cannot be loaded. Maybe you can discuss this issue with the company's network engineer.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amotto1189 ,

v-lionel-msft_1-1623118362051.png

After the VPN is turned on, the proxy server can not access the ArcGIS server, so the ArcGIS map cannot be loaded. Maybe you can discuss this issue with the company's network engineer.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.