Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arkhos94
Helper IV
Helper IV

Maps Geocoding

Both map in Power Bi allows the use of geocoding

I'm working on France. I want to know which Geocoding can work (In France the official geocoding used by the national institute is : region, department, county, town...) but I can't find a documentation with the whole drilldown available.

Is there a list of the geocoding used by power bi maps (like a CSV list of the codes/names used) ?

4 REPLIES 4
Arkhos94
Helper IV
Helper IV

hello @v-jingzhang  and thanks for the help

I tried this visual but it's limited to heat map, which is not what I want to build (I want to make a "sector" map => this area belong to this seller/is covered by this director/...)

Still I will keep it so I can make some heatmap when I need. Thanks for the help

Regarding ArcGis Map, I was able to find the problem. It's County drilldown was using the 2019's county and not the 2020. National statistic institute still provide the 2019 county list so I was able to use it.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arkhos94 

You could try the following custom visual France Map Drilldown. It supports to drill down on the 4 levels in France. It also provides a link of the geocoding data: 

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DataKhi/France_Drilldown/main/D_France.csv

042901.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hello @amitchandak ,

Shape map is very limited (region only) while choropleth and ArcGis seems to be able to go deeper (at least one level for choropleth  and up to county level for ArcGis)

Problem is, neither seems to use the standard coding.

For example Corsica is divded between department 2A and 2B. Choropleth map recognize 2B but not 2A.

This is why I'm looking for a list of the region/department/county/town code used by both kind of map so I can identify where they don't use the standard one (as produced by France national geographic institute INSEE)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.