Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arranafc19
Helper IV
Helper IV

Mapping lines from Different Datasets to same chart

I am looking to create a line chart , showing a comparison against two lines from different datasets but can't seem to reach my required result.

I have one dataset which has a list of months with a target percentage of what is expected per month. This shows months 1-40 and the percentages are cumulating per month. This is just being pulled from and excel spreadsheet which will not change and is called required.

req.PNG

I then have another dataset which based on the start date , groups the number of closures per month of closure , and I am using a slicer to filter the start date to affect these numbers.

grouped.JPG

What I need to be able to do is plot all 40 months of the "Required" dataset , then plot only the months that are available from the other dataset (eg above months 1-6). I tried merging these but if there is no there is no record for a specific month between the slicer dates selected , the month doesnt pull into the report. Can anyone advise how this could be done. The "Month" and "Month of Closure" are what we are comparing against 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arranafc19 ,

>>What I need to be able to do is plot all 40 months of the "Required" dataset , then plot only the months that are available from the other dataset (eg above months 1-6). I tried merging these but if there is no there is no record for a specific month between the slicer dates selected , the month doesnt pull into the report. Can anyone advise how this could be done. The "Month" and "Month of Closure" are what we are comparing against .

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

Hi @v-xicai 

If I plot just the required dataset i get the below (Month 1-60)

Capture.PNG

I need the first line to plot all 60 months as shown below and my second month to only plot the months that exist once the slicers are applied ( From my above example 1-6). This will show me the total path of the required , and allow me to compare my existing to see if it is on the right track. Hope this makes sense

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.