Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FaisalImam
Helper I
Helper I

Mapping issue

Hi Team, 

I am having issues in mapping.I am not sure if it is possible or not. If not suggest ideas..

I have three tables  

1. Incident table having field - INC numbers and other fields related to it.

INC1P3OPEN 
INC2P2CLOSED

2. SR table having field - SR number, RTM ,Req and other fields reated to it

SR1RTM001REQ245SLA 1
SR34RTM456REQ67SLA0
SR2RTM123REQ46SLA2

3. Escalation table having  one field which is having  multple types of values

INC1CORNARD
SR1BILLBIN
RTM123SUREQ
REQ67PONYFI

How can we map Escalatation table first field with INC  and SR table so we can get all details of Esacalation data that might be present in other two table ?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FaisalImam , looking at this data, I am not able to find any relation between tables 1 and 2 or 1 and 3

are there more fields available to get relationship

No .we do have  like BU or Configuration items through which we can map table 1 and table 2 but that wont meet are requirement.

As per our requirements we need to map table 3 with table table 1 and table 2.

Just to give a brief idea - 

Table one contains all tickets 

Table 2 contains all tasks and every task has a particular sr number , req number and rtm number in fields

Table 3  can have  ticket number or req number or sr number or rtm number that has been escalated but in a single field/column. 

Now we need to map tickets with inc table to get other details related to it  and simlarlt sr ,re,rtm with the respective in sr table

Also we can modify our third table and add fields like open date or something but will it be possible to map a single column with two different  tables ?

I hope you understand my question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.