Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mapping city zones

Hi, guys.

I have a little problem. I want to get a city split into zones and those zones to be filled with different colours.

Tried several possibilities, but none of them worked. Firstly, I mapped streets and designated proper zone to every street, but that only put streets onto map without borders. Then, I tried giving longitudes and latitudes to zones, but got only points on map. Lastly, I tried putting zip codes into equation, but that haven't solved my problem, as well.

I worked with default "Filled map" view and with ArcGIS maps.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Did not get it completely. But if you put the city on location and region on legend it should give some color options.

refer : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners/ba-p/890814

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thank you for your answer.

I know that city/region combo works. But I need city zones to be coloured. By city zones, I mean a part of the city bordered by certain streets.

For an example, I have NY city as location, and I need Manhattan, Bronx or Brooklyn to be coloured (just like US on the URL you sent in your answer).

Is that possible?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to use such a dataset.

ff1.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tnx, it works for NY which is mapped pretty detailedly.

But I need this to work for smaller cities in Europe which aren't so covered by Bing maps.

How can I do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors