Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Flammie
Helper I
Helper I

Mapping Singapore as a state

Hello all! I am mapping my data by state. I have all of my locations working fine (Even Puerto Rico), except Singapore. I have pasted my code below on how I got all the states to work. For Singapore, I have tried SGP, SP, SG, Sing, the longitute and latitue numbers, Singapore, 819643, .sg, sing., and Republic of Singapore. Everything else is plotting as a state and I need Singapore too as well. It doesn't have to be the EXACT center or Singapore. I just need the dot in there somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas?

Entity Location = SWITCH(Complaints[Entity], "Batesville", "indiana", "Monterrey", "Nuevo León", "Pluvigner", " Bretagne", "Lulea", "Lulea", "Singapore", "SGP", "Michigan", "Michigan", "Acton", "massachusetts", "Las Piedras", "San Juan, Puerto Rico")
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I needed smaller than a country. State didn't work so I used LAT and LONG which worked really well. I recommend that for anyone needing a smaller area for data analysis. But, yes, your solution works really well for country. Thanks!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Flammie ,

By my research and tests, I'm afraid that the "SGP" is not a state name for Singapore.

You should find a State/Province name in Singapore.

Entity Location =
SWITCH (
    'Table2'[Entity],
    "Batesville", "indiana",
    "Monterrey", "Nuevo León",
    "Pluvigner", " Bretagne",
    "Lulea", "Lulea",
    "Singapore", "Potong Pasir",
    "Michigan", "Michigan",
    "Acton", "massachusetts",
    "Las Piedras", "San Juan,Puerto Rico"
)

Please refer to my test restsult.

map.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft wrote:

Hi @Flammie ,

By my research and tests, I'm afraid that the "SGP" is not a state name for Singapore.

You should find a State/Province name in Singapore.

Entity Location =
SWITCH (
    'Table2'[Entity],
    "Batesville", "indiana",
    "Monterrey", "Nuevo León",
    "Pluvigner", " Bretagne",
    "Lulea", "Lulea",
    "Singapore", "Potong Pasir",
    "Michigan", "Michigan",
    "Acton", "massachusetts",
    "Las Piedras", "San Juan,Puerto Rico"
)

Please refer to my test restsult.

map.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

What is your data catagorized as? I have mine set to "State or Province"

Hi @Flammie ,

I set the Entity Location column to be "Country" data categeory.

Capture.PNG

You also could have a  reference of my attachement.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I needed smaller than a country. State didn't work so I used LAT and LONG which worked really well. I recommend that for anyone needing a smaller area for data analysis. But, yes, your solution works really well for country. Thanks!!

That did not work for me but I am going to try other places in Singapore and see if I can find one that will work. I'll update if I do. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.