Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mapping Errors - Incorrect Locations

Hello,

I am trying to make a map with a drill down on a map of the US. I have the levels as Region -> Market (hoping to add one more layer next). Originally the regions were not getting mapped correctly ie 'US West' was in a random location not really indicative of its name so I created a column to manually to specifcy an exact location for the regions and it worked.

When I drill down another level the bubbles are stacking on top of each other and I've tried changing certain market names to something more exact: City, State, US; City, Zip Code; and (Lat, Long). It seems like only one of the replacements worked and I can't get the others to be placed correctly. I looked at some previous posts and they had used just zip codes but that does not seem to work either. I am pretty new to Power BI so I'm not even sure if I'm approaching this correctly.

US Region view

Region_1.png

Market ViewMarket_1.png

My last question is -- is it possible to add a third drill down using lat and long for the locations? I've tried creating a hierarchy with lat/long and placing that into the Location and it doesnt seem to work. Is there a way to combine them into a single element "lat, long" and append it to the location section? I tried it, but it could be possible I have the format incorrect.

The only other way I thought of is if a market was selected, was to drill through into another map that had all the lat/long coordinates.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this article will be very useful for your scenario.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.