Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjohannesson
Advocate I
Advocate I

Map zooms in too much

I'm using the Map visual to show positions of items all around the world, but when I open the report it automaically zooms in and only shows Africa and parts of Europe and Asia, even though there are items located outside the visible area. Why does this auto zoom occur? It happens both in Desktop and when showing the report in Power BI Embedded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @mjohannesson and @v-shex-msft;

This is already fixed, you need to lock the option in FORMAT>MapControls>Auto Zoom (OFF). As stated in link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/

Cheers!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mjohannesson
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found the cause of the issue, even if I don't understand why it behaves as it does. I used the FIXED function to limit the number of decimals on the Latitude and Longitude measures. When I removed the FIXED function from the Longitude measure, the auto-zoom started working correctly. I realized I probably should have used the ROUND function instead, so now I've replaced FIXED with ROUND on both measures and it works as expected.

hi @mjohannesson and @v-shex-msft;

This is already fixed, you need to lock the option in FORMAT>MapControls>Auto Zoom (OFF). As stated in link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/

Cheers!!!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjohannesson,

Based on test, I can reproduce the issue, you can vote this at below link:

Lock Map location and zoom once

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.