Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JohanBrink
Frequent Visitor

Map: zoom to selected, but show also not selected locations

Hello,

I'm struggling with some issues about mapping. The goal is to see a selected location on a map (customer) and also see nearby customers (so I can plan my visit to the nearest customer)

My idea was to plot the locations on the Map vizual. Therefore I used ad column like 'Adress Number, City, Country'. So far, so good.

Now, when I select one of the locations in my slicer, the map zooms on the selected locations and all others are not visible anymore.

So, zooming is OK, but disapearance of other (nearby) locations not.

Question: how to fix this? Choose an other visual, add extra columns or something else?

8 REPLIES 8
Shlomi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi JohanBrink,

Have you found a way to solved this issue ?

as I'm looking the same type of functioanlity, which is how to select specific point on the map via slicer and highlight it but still show all other points on the map, so do not filter the data behind it.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shlomi

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JohanBrink,

The visual map in power bi is based off bing map, both of them act similarly. You can zoom out/in manualy after select value in slicer.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

yes, when selecting a locations the map zoom to it. so far of Works fine. but all the locations i didn't select disappear. thuis Visual is ment to show nearby locations. other options to archieve this?

Hi JohanBrink,

Have you solved your issue currently?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately i haven't solved this.

I'm working on an type of customer dashboard. A sales representative should be able to select one customer and sees wich customers are nearby.

I got this dataset:

Company Latitude Longitude

Customer 1

Customer 2

Customer 3

Customer 4

Customer 5

Customer 6

The idea is to select Customer 1 and then see locations of Customers 2,3,4 and 6 on you dashboard. Customer 5 is too far away.

In the future we 'd like to put some intelligence in it so the representative don't only see the nearby customers but we like to add a visiting priority to them. But for now, showing nearby customers wil do.

I need the same type of functioanlity, which is how to select specific point on the map and highlight it but still show all other points on the map, so do not filter the data behind it. Any ideas?

I am in need of the same solution and thanks for explaining it clearly.

Please share the solution if you have found one

Thanks
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi JohanBrink,

Could you share some screenshots of your issue?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.