Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Map works on desktop but not when published on PowerBi Online

Hey Folks, 

When I publish my dashboard on PowerBi Online, the map goes wrong. The map is working fine on my dektop version.

The column I am using "Region Fixed" has "State or Province" as a Data Category. I have tried "Address" and "Place" but it does not work. 

My issue is in 2 locations "Eastern Region" and "Al-Qaseem". "Eastern Region" is showing in Ghana and "Al-Qaseem" is showing in USA.

Power Bi Map Issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Map will only identify valid data in the Location, Latitude, and Longitude . You may check if your location name is valid.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test in the latest version 2.81.5831.821 of Power BI Desktop, set the Data Category of [Region Fixed] with "State or Province" , the "Eastern Region" is showing in Ghana and "Al-Qaseem" is showing in MADAGASCAR. After publishing to Power BI Service, the two locations are showed as the same in Power BI Desktop.

112.png

Or could you share your data sample by uploading it to OneDrive and post the link here.  Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-xicai \,

Thanks. How can I make these regions show in Saudi Arabia in both desktop and PowerBI online?

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Map will only identify valid data in the Location, Latitude, and Longitude . You may check if your location name is valid.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.