Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MikeCDS
Frequent Visitor

Map with shading per state and multiple data values

Hi

We seem to have many complex map options but nothing that simply shows each State's value with clean data points (as many as we need like we can for a tooltip) with full color shading of the State based on a data value.

Is there anything that comes close to this example from Tableau that we're trying to migrate away from?

Thanks

Mike

Tableau Map Example.png

5 REPLIES 5
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @MikeCDS ,

I may be oversimplifying this, but if you are always displaying the same country, could you not place transparent cards over the states displaying the measures you want? Could also use a multi-row card for multiple measures etc.

Obviously wouldn't work if you were zooming in on states but a starting point, no?

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi Pete

I actually thought of that earlier this morning using a Filled Map viz and thought I had a win but the problem is as soon as you click on the map, the KPI cards "move to back" and hide. So it's sort of a solution if one could pretend the user never clicked on anything but a bit clunky to release. Turns out we also have no options to "disable selection" or set "Always on top" which would overcome this "hiding" issue and we would be golden.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeCDS ,

It is impossible to achieve such an effect completely in current version(2.79.5768.663 64-bit (March 2020)) .

(Can't display values on the map.)

k5.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MikeCDS , there is an option for Color saturation in MAP. you should able to get these kinds of colors

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-filled-maps-choropleths#cre...

Hi

Thanks but I know about that visual and it does not address my question, "shows each State's value with clean data points".

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.