Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Map visualization with button filter

Hello everyone,

I am making a map to visualize places that are in red and blue as shown in the picture, I want to go more in this visualization. I want to create a filter with two buttons red and blue. If I click on the red button it displays only the places in red and the same for the blue. Any ideas?!!! Any solutions?!!! Thanks.

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bookmarks are abit more complicated to work with, but they are great once you get used to them. 
In this case I would simply make one bookmark with a visual filter active on red and one with a filter active on blue. 
Connect them to the buttons with the action functionality.

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use a slicer with the horizontal layout:
image.png
Or you can use shapes and connect them to bookmarks:
image.png
It really just depends on how you want your buttons to look and behave!

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, absolutely I want visualizations as shown in the figure, for example, if I click on the red button I visualize only the red dots on the map. and if I click on the blue button I visualize only the blue dots on the map. but the question that arises how to do that with bookmarks?Capture9.PNG

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bookmarks are abit more complicated to work with, but they are great once you get used to them. 
In this case I would simply make one bookmark with a visual filter active on red and one with a filter active on blue. 
Connect them to the buttons with the action functionality.

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.